Monday 11 July 2016

For You (In memory of those we lost on 11th July 2006)


For you, dear soul
who never grew old
for you, who deserved life 10-fold,
for you, who suffered pain,
for no fault aside preferring a train
for you who died in the company of many,
yet alone.
For you, millions mourn.
I will not let your memory go in vain
it was you, but it could have been any of us
any of us could have suffered that pain
While some play the blame game
I choose to whisper a prayer with your name
You are loved and missed
your blood run's through the city's veins.
May you who have passed on into the heavens
someday be reunited with your brethren
Your journey ended too soon, and so unexpected
but the memory of you will stay protected
In memory of a day that shook my city up
for you dear souls, I raise my cup







1 comment: