Saturday 17 September 2016

Things I won't write


I won't write about how toxic you are to me
and how you believe so strongly we'll never be.
I won't write about your manipulative ways,
and that passive aggressive phase.
I won't write about those days,
when you chose another over me,
and went at it secretly.
I won't write about how some days you loved me less,
and someday you called my life a mess.
I won't write about how you pushed me away,
when I was the only friend willing to stay.
I won't write about how you belittle me every second day.
I won't write about how I bent backwards for you,
often went out of my way
and I definitely won't write about how you grew less caring day by day,
I won't write about how you let me slip away,
and I won't even think of mentioning
that dreaded Saturday.
I won't waste a post ranting,
about the things you do that madden me.
challenge me,
frustrate me.
and really, I should hate you
and you, me.
But I don't
I won't.
I won't write about how inspite of all of this
you need me, you want me.
I won't write about how you don't say it enough of times,
And how you've never been good with words or rhymes,
and I'm a fool for you and those rare small moments
When our hearts, souls and thoughts align.
I won't write about how you annoy me.
And I won't write about how I love you,
Truly, madly, deeply.

Phew!
So much for not writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment