Saturday 1 October 2016

Here


You'll have to forgive me
or learn to understand
this is the only place
I'm allowed to hold your hand.
In my universe of words and rhyme
I can kiss you without the curse of time
and you'll always be my prime
Don't deny me this space
to describe how you embrace
your fears and your flaws,
your victorious wars,
the things you've lost,
and the people you once cared for.
Let me have this canvas,
to paint with color,
your sky so azure,
and your rainbow so grey.
I will fill it all with reds and blues
a variety of tints and hues
ever bright, my muse.
Let me brighten here
the black and white you hold dear
and lighten the darkness you fear
let me keep here
the burdens you hold
and the pages you fold
and the hearts you consider gold
Every little thing you do
and all the words you say
I wish for them to be treasured and prized
always worth something, never compromised
You'll have to forgive me
or understand me at best
this is the only place 
my heart rests.

No comments:

Post a Comment